بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
News & Comment
How the Political Life of a Puppet Ruler Ends?!
Following the conclusion of the fourth round of talks between the US and the Taliban, Afghanistan’s president Ashraf Ghani, said in an address to the nation, “We insist that the peace process must not be hasty because we have the experience of Dr. Najibullah’s peace process(1) , how he was cheated, the United Nations had given him the peace guarantee, but unfortunately it led to tragedy.” A few days later, addressing to the Afghan security forces, he said: “Your president is neither Shah Shujah(2) nor Amir Yaqub Khan(3) and won’t surrender to anyone nor will sign the Treaty of Gandamak.” He added that a burnt child dreads the fire, but we are neither afraid of getting burnt nor the fire itself because we have got wisdom so we keep proceeding with extreme caution and take steps that are meant to secure the country’s dignity.
The contemporary history of mankind has unequivocally proven that the master honors a dignified puppet as compared to a humiliated one. Though, Ashraf Ghani overtook to be the utmost disgraced puppet among those of his type. It requires one to get into an in-depth details in order to understand the whole reasons, but here, I am referring to some slight measures which Ashraf Ghani has taken in order to serve the US over the course of his incumbency. But scornfully, the Americans not only disregarded him, but they did also consider him as a dysfunctional spare-part in large processes: isolated and unauthoritative!
• Following the first 24 hours of his presidency, Ashraf Ghani signed the Bilateral Security Agreement (BSA) with the US, declaring that, “Today, Afghanistan is regaining its national sovereignty.” While this agreement is considered as the most disgraceful treaty throughout the contemporary history of Afghanistan which has verily dwarfed the Treaty of Gandamak and the Durand Line Agreement.
• Ashraf Ghani, in order to financially back the US war in Afghanistan, he operated the Afghan tax system in a way so that Afghanistan would meet the criteria of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the World Bank (WB) and other international colonial institutions. He gradually elevated the government’s revenues by imposing exorbitant taxes more than what the prevailing IMF standards appeal, on traders, industrials, labor forces, farmers, and even the impoverished people. Despite the fact, the unemployment rate has been reportedly above 50%.
• Ashraf Ghani, under the name of regenerating the government departments and fighting against corruption, introduced a policy (i.e. the Generation Change Policy) for all government departments in order to eradicate the remnants of the former Mujahedeen and communists so as the secular figures replace them.
• Following the Washington-Kabul security agreement, Ashraf Ghani attempted to Afghanize the war in Afghanistan, who, in addition to hundreds of thousands of civilian casualties, caused the killings of more than 45,000 Afghan security forces. Along with these, hundreds of thousands of families fled the country and/or migrated as a result of the deteriorating security and economic conditions of Afghanistan. He exploited the blood of Afghans as a means to securing the US influence in the Eurasia, which no former rulers had ever done so hitherto.
• Ashraf Ghani, under the name of economic programs, opening of air-corridor and other economic projects, paved the way to investing-in and expanding the regional projects which, in fact, are to securing the US dominance over Afghanistan and even the regional countries, because the regional projects and programs help secure the expansion of American influence in the region. But, among others, Afghanistan receives a very small and unremarkable share in this game. Besides, Ashraf Ghani helped the economic terrain corridors of Afghanistan to be exploited by Americans. He also facilitated the process of mines reservoir extraction and transportation in order to be easily carried by the Americans more than ever before.
• Despite Ashraf Ghani’s utmost scale of service to the US and following several appeals to visiting Trump, he was repeatedly refused to make it. Disgracefully, this made him to send Trump a confidential letter which, too, remained confidential no longer and was leaked by the US media. Via the letter, he urged Trump to not withdraw the US troops from Afghanistan. Seeing Trump’s tradeoff personality, he even offered him a cost reduction meaning that the US troops in Afghanistan could possibly be reduced to 3000 and the US militarily expense to $2 billion.
• Ultimately, over the course of his term, Ashraf Ghani has not offered anything to the people of Afghanistan other than four stereotypical words. Besides, under the name of reforms, he kept slacking down the economy and shedding rivers of blood of the people who after getting humiliated and driven out by his Master happens to act out like a champion nowadays.
In regard to what were said above, Ashraf Ghani is speaking the honest words that he is neither afraid of getting burnt nor the fire because he is one of the traitors. Because it is the Afghan people who are paying the price and the cost of getting burnt and the fire, not him. But when he says that, “We have got wisdom and keep proceeding with extreme caution and take steps that are meant to secure the country’s dignity”, he tells a whopping lie. In fact, he has not used his wisdom to secure the interests of the Afghan people, but his Masters. None of the aforementioned matters truthfully secures the dignity of the Afghan people. Instead, all of his efforts have been made to securing the aims of the US occupation and other Western colonials.
Ashraf Ghani spoke of Dr. Najibullah’s experience who was led to execution after relying completely on the UN. Ghani’s fate, following a lifetime of service to the US occupation, will definitely lead to similar humiliation and dishonor because any ruler who puts his faith in elsewhere other than Allah (swt) and seeks assistance from them will likely face such a disgraceful fate and will shortly be refused by his Master after his political life expires.
Ashraf Ghani has caused excessively eviler acts against the people of Afghanistan as compared to Dr. Najibullah, Shah Shujah and Yaqub Khan. Therefore, he has untied relationship with the Muslim people of Afghanistan. His relationship with Allah (swt) had already been cut off, and as for now, the US is likely to untie relationship with him. Consequently, the US and the Taliban, in the rounds of talks, have completely disassociate him in person as well as his government, so he has no choice other than bubbling through giving emotional speeches in different occasions.
Hence, regard it as a lesson-learned; this is the fate of a puppet who serves for the occupation and colonialism!
(كَمْ تَرَكُوا مِن جَنَّاتٍ وَعُيُونٍ * وَزُرُوعٍ وَمَقَامٍ كَرِيمٍ * وَنَعْمَةٍ كَانُوا فِيهَا فَاكِهِينَ * كَذَٰلِكَ وَأَوْرَثْنَاهَا قَوْمًا آخَرِينَ * فَمَا بَكَتْ عَلَيْهِمُ السَّمَاءُ وَالْأَرْضُ وَمَا كَانُوا مُنظَرِينَ)
“How many were the gardens and springs they left behind (25), and corn-fields and noble buildings (26), and wealth (and conveniences of life), wherein they had taken such delight! (27), Thus (was their end)! And WE made other people inherit (those things)! (28), and neither heaven nor earth shed a tear over them: nor were they given a respite (again) (29).” [Surah ad-Dukhan: 25-29]
Written for the Central Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir by
Director of the Media Office of Hizb ut Tahrir in Wilayah Afghanistan
1.The UN had urged Dr. Najibullah to agree with the non-partisan transitional administration in order to provide a new political order and end the war in the country. In return, the UN had pledged to be protecting the life of Dr. Najibullah. However, neither could it protect the life of Dr. Najibullah nor the war in Afghanistan came to an end.
2.Shah Shujah, signed the Treaty of Lahore in 1838 with Ranjit Singh and the then Britain. In 1839, Shah Shujah, backed by the Britain, rushed to Kandahar and declared his kingdom.
3.The “Treaty of Gandamak” was signed between Amir Mohammad Yaqub Khan and Louis Cavagnari, the British political envoy, on May 26, 1879 which eventually led to the signing of the “Kabul Convention” or the so-called Durand Line Agreement in 1893 between Amir Abdul Rahman Khan and Henry Mortimer Durand.